1. Fill out Change of Address Form at local post office.
2. Switch utility services to new address. Inform electric and gas/oil companies, disposal, water, newspaper, magazine subscriptions, and telephone and cable companies of your move.
3. Make travel arrangements, if necessary, with airlines, buses, car rental agencies and hotels.
4. Develop a master “to do” list so you won’t forget something critical.
5. Sort and get rid of things you no longer want or need. Have a garage sale, donate to a charity, or recycle. (All-Ways Moving does recycle Electronics – contact us for pricing.)
6. Don’t throw out everything…If your inclination is to just toss it, ask yourself how frequently you use an item and how you’d feel if you no longer had it.
7. Pack like items together. Put toys with toys, kitchen utensils with kitchen utensils, etc.
8. Decide what if anything you plan to move yourself. Precious items, such as family photos, valuable breakables, or must-have during the move, should probably stay with you.
9. Use the right box for the item. Loose items encourage breakage. Put heavy items in small boxes so they’re easier to lift. Keep weight under 50 lbs., if possible. Don’t over-pack boxes. This increases the chance they will break. (All-Ways Moving carries a full line of packing material and the first delivery is free with a confirmed move.)
10. Wrap all fragile items separately and pad bottom and sides of boxes. (Packing boxes sensibly helps to ensure things don’t break.)
11. Label every box on all sides. You don’t want to have to move other boxes aside to find out what’s there. This also helps the movers put the boxes in the right place and speeds up moving time. Use color-coded labels to indicate which room each item should go in. Color-code a floor plan for your new house to help movers.
12. Keep your moving documents together, including phone numbers, driver’s name. Also keep your address book handy.
13. Back up your computer files before moving your computer. (All-Ways Moving doesn’t disconnect or reconnect appliances or electronics.)
14. Inspect each box and all furniture for damage as soon as it arrives. (Notify the foreman immediately of any issues.)
15. Remember, most movers won’t take plants, aerosol products, propane cylinders, and gasoline.
16. Don’t forget to make arrangements for pets during your move.
17. Any questions or concerns can be directed to our office for answers.
18. All-Ways Moving is not liable for any mechanical devices, such as, (TVs, appliances, computers, treadmills, A/C units, Stereo Equipment, etc.) In relation to moving these items, we do not disconnect or reconnect hook-ups for any appliances or electronic items.
The three individuals who handled our move were very professional, courteous and worked quickly and carefully. They disassembled and assembled the furniture. The transport time was much better then expected. I would highly recommend this company for any moving requirements both short and long distance.
- Jeffrey Berger. 0/16/2020
We worked with All-Ways Moving and Storage on two occasions in the last two years. The first was an out of state move, the second was from western Massachusetts to central Massachusetts. Working with the staff over the phone was convenient, and they were very helpful and made the process of booking an estimate and booking the job easy. The price for services was incredibly reasonable.
On both occasions, the crew was punctual, efficient, and detail oriented. For our first move we utilized their packing services, and they did an excellent job. For both moves, the jobs exceeded our expectations. Not a single item was broken or damaged. The crew worked extremely hard, quickly yet safely, and made sure we were satisfied every step along the way. We highly recommend All-Ways for your moving job, you will not be disappointed!
- Carrie Chambers. 10/19/2019
Great movers, highly recommend them!
- Mary Blair. 10/18/2019
Excellent movers!!! Very nice, efficient and helpful. They packed everything perfectly. They were so positive, agreeable and willing to help with anything we asked. Drew, Eddie and Anthony were AWESOME and we highly recommend Always Moving!!!
- Paula Almgren. 10/7/2019
- Robert Dugan. 10/2/2019
Awesome service...very professional
- David Dudley ll. 6/28/2019
so far an excellent company to do business with, will advise when the actual move happens.
- Ron Gerber. 6/10/2019
Highly recommend! I want to thank All-Ways Moving for the great team, Kevin and Armondo, who helped my elderly father-in-law move from his home to assisted living. They were on-time, efficient, professional, courteous and made the whole experience go very smoothly. You cannot go wrong with this team.
- Barbara F. 6/16/2018
Hired All-Way Moving earlier this month for the 1st time. Hiring a moving company is scary stuff, at least for me it was. I have nothing but great things to say about the people i spoke with on the phone Nancy + Terri. The 2 movers (Will + Another) were work horses!!! No time stalling breaks for cigs, and such stuff. They were very professional and polite. They were also under their estimate they gave me. I would 100%% recommend them to someone. Will go threw them again if needed. Thanks so much!
- FeaRxRaiDeR . 5/20/2018
A great group of people.
- NAT T. 3/6/2018
I did not want to let this go by. Marcel and his crew at All-Ways Movers did an excellent job moving my elderly mother from Pittsfield, Mass to Peabody, Mass with storage of her belongings in between. The three guys were very polite, helpful, flexible, and accommodating. We can be rather cranky at times about our possessions. The guys paid extra attention to some of the fragile materials and were extra attentive when we had a request. I really thought they came through and always in a timely and considerate manner.
- Stephen Lichtenstein. 7/11/2017
I have used them probably four times to move. Some jobs were bigger than others. They were always professional and very easy to deal with from the office staff to the men moving and packaging my items. I highly recommend them for both storage and moving.
- Laurel Bush. 2/25/2017
Love this company! They are so accommodating with my storage needs. Thank you!!!
- Tanya Palmer. 2/23/2017
All-ways Moving completely coordinated our move from Massachusetts to North Carolina. All office personnel, from Jim Hespelein and Terri Morin to helpful, friendly Diane, were as informative as could be, absolutely no surprises. The van drivers, Billy and Travis, had our household goods to us 5 days sooner than we'd thought and only 2 business days from pickup! They had everything unloaded and perfectly placed in under 4 hours at the new house. Could not have been a better experience: informative, helpful, under budget and even fun! Great Job!